06 Dec quick and easy vegetarian sushi burgers
Quick and easy vegetarian sushi burgers
This sushi burger recipe was the most delightful and fun recipe to make and to eat! It looks quite fancy but is in fact really simple to make. It was so quick and easy to put together that I made sushi burgers for my kids for supper.
I’m sure you can imagine the delight when supper arrived and these sushi burgers were on offer. They aren’t just for kids though. They will make the most beautiful addition to a meal you serve to guests. If they are presented in rows on a beautiful wooden board you will look like domestic goddess of the year! We just won’t mention how easy they are to assemble.
The recipe starts off by making the sushi rice. If you have’t made sushi ice successfully before then here is a tutorial on how to make sushi rice. Making sushi rice properly was something that I had to conquer too do don’t be afraid. The tutorial gives you a step-by-step guide to making sushi rice.
If you aren’t keen to make the sushi rice yourself then go ahead and buy it. If you aren’t sure how to make sushi rice then check out How to make perfect sushi rice for a step-by-step guide on how to make sushi rice. The sushi burgers will look just as pretty!
It terms of making the sushi burgers all you do is start off by putting some cling film into a 250 ml baking cup. Spray the cling film with olive oil cooking spray and then your are ready to begin assembling. Start off with a layer of sushi rice. Then add your vegetable and finally finish off with another layer of sushi rice. That’s all there is to it.
I used vegetables for these sushi burgers but feel free to use whichever fillings that your family enjoys, I served these sushi burgers with Japanese mayonnaise and soy sauce.
Just a note…. These babies don’t hold up like regular burgers. When you are serving them either tip them out of the cup straight onto the plate or if you are serving these to guests then leave an egg lifter out to serve them. But just so you know what to expect, because they are much larger than regular sushi, they don’t hold their shape when you start eating them. But it really is well worth the effort of the presentation because they look spectacular!!
I hope that you enjoy these as much as we did. I would love to see photos are your sushi burgers. Until next time, Leanne xoxo
(this recipe is a rough guide because the amount really depends on how many burgers you plan to make)
2 cups sushi rice
½ cup julienne carrots
½ cup juliennes cucumbers
2 Tbsp sesame seeds (to garnish)
Low sodium soy sauce to serve
Japanese mayonnaise to serve
- Begin by placing a piece of cling film into a 250ml baking cup (the measuring cup that you use for baking)
- Next spray the inside of the cling film with olive oil spray
- For the first step of the sushi burgers place a layer of sushi rice at the bottom of the baking cup
- The second step of the process is to layer your cucumbers and carrots on top of the sushi layer (you don’t really need to be too precise here. Because the burgers are moulded in the cup they come out looking really good regardless)
- Finally place your last layer of sushi rice on top
- Turn the cup over directly onto the plate that you are going to be serving on and gently lift the cling film
- And there you have it, a perfect little sushi burger!