22 Sep Pesto and ricotta lasagne
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to this week’s scrumptious vegetarian pesto and ricotta lasagne recipe.
I absolutely love lasagne but I’m not really crazy about lasagne that has meat in it. I am also so bored of the meals that I am making and so I decided that I needed to come up with something new. And so this pesto and ricotta lasagne was born.
I really love being in the kitchen and so I made all the component part s of this meal (except for the lasagne sheets). If anyone is interested in the recipes please let me know and I will post them. But for those of you that really don’t like being in the kitchen the various components of the recipe can all be bought.
The assembly of this vegetarian lasagne dish is really simple. You begin by placing a layer of sauce on the bottom of your baking dish and then a layer of lasagne sheets goes over that. On top of the lasagne sheets you then out some more sauce and ricotta. This process is repeated until the last layer where instead of sauce and ricotta you put sauce and grated white cheese. That’s It! This meal couldn’t be more simple.
If you are looking for other easy pasta dishes then you have come to the right place. This tuna pasta bake and this one-pot chicken pasta are both superb recipes and so easy to make. If you would like the recipe for the nepoletana/ marinara sauce that I used in this recipe then just click on this The best pasta sauce and it will take you to the recipe. This link will take you my delicious 2-minute cashew nut, basil and garlic pesto recipe. I also make a really outstanding skinny tuna lasagne for those of you that would like another lasagne alternative. I also make my own ricotta so if anyone is interested in knowing how to make it please let me know and I’ll post the method. It is so easy and so incredibly satisfying
There are also some really nice lasagne recipes from other food bloggers out there. Thus turkey lasagne recipe from Olive magazine sounds really interesting –https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/healthy/healthier-lasagne/. If you prefer a meat lasagne then this skinny version from Jar of Lemons should be just up your alley – https://www.jaroflemons.com/the-best-easy-healthy-lasagna-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-15480.
I hope that you have found today’s post useful and would love to see photos of your finished lasagnes. Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Pesto and ricotta lasagne
4 cups nepoletana or marinara sauce (any plain pasta sauce is fine)
6 desert spoons full basil pesto
1 cup ricotta
16 sheets lasagne
1 cup grated white, hard cheese e.g. mozzarella/ cheddar/ Tussers etc
1.Combine the nepoletana sauce and the pesto and mix well
2. Place four large spoons full of the pesto mixture into a 25cm x 25cm dish
3. Place a layer of 4 pasta sheets over the layer of sauce
4. Then place another layer of sauce on top of the pasta sheet and sprinkle with 1/3 of your ricotta.
5. Repeat this process until until all 16 sheets of lasagne have been used
6. in addition to the layer of sauce and ricotta the final layer of the lasgane is sprinkled with the grated cheese so that the entire top of the lasagne is covered in cheese
7. Place the completed lasagne into the fridge and take it out just before you are going to cook it (I assemble the lasagne in the morning and cook it in the evening)
8. When you are ready to cook the lasagne pre-heat the oven to 170°C and cook the lasagne, covered with tinfoil, for 50 minutes
9. If the lasagne isn’t quite cooked through then place it back into the oven, covered with tinfoil again, and continue to cook until the lasagne sheets have softened