24 May one-pot chicken pasta
This recipe for one-pot chicken pasta is an absolute winner. It was super quick and easy to prepare and was beyond delicious.
You may have seen that there are lots of one-pot pasta recipes around but I can never get my head around the concept, it just seems too good to be true. Also, in theory I could not believe that dumping pasta together with other ingredients in one pot could create a good meal.
But it does! And what an absolute keeper. This one-pot chicken pasta dish is one that I will be making many times over because it was absolutely scrumptious. The combination of ingredients works beautifully and it was honestly just a bowl of chicken yumminess.
It’s not always easy to find a chicken recipe that every single member of my family loves. I am pretty confident that I will be asked to make this dish again. This dish is so easy to put together even the kids can get involved with this one. It’s a matter of browning the chicken, adding the sauce, stock and pasta to the pot and presto dinner is served!!
There are some other great one pot pasta recipes on my website. This The best one-pot macaroni and cheese or this quick and easy one-pot pesto, olive and tomato pasta are equally easy to make and just as delicious.
I think one of the original people to try out the one-pot pasta recipes was Martha Stewart. This https://www.marthastewart.com/978784/one-pan-pasta pasta recipe of hers looks delicious. This chicken pasta recipe from Gimme Delicios also looks really good! – https://gimmedelicious.com/quick-easy-15-minute-chicken-pasta/
I hope that my post today has given you some cooking inspiration. I hope that you enjoy this dish as much as we did and I would love to see photos of your recipes! Until next time, Leanne xoxo
1 Tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 x 410g can diced tomatoes with basil, origanum and garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Garlic powder to taste
450g chicken breasts, chopped into 0.5cm pieces
4 cups of chicken stock
500g macaroni/ penne
- To make the sauce place the oil into a pan and heat it up
- Once the oil is heated add the onion, season the onion with salt and pepper and sauté until the onion pieces are starting to caramelize and go a bit brown
- Add the cans of tomatoes and allow to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring fairly often to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan
- Once the sauced is finished cooking blend the sauce with a hand blender until it is nice and smooth
- Next, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large pot and heat up the oil
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and garlic powder and place into the heated oil
- Sauté the chicken pieces for 5 – 6 minutes until the chicken is a golden brown colour
- Add three cups of the tomato sauce that you just made and 4 cups of chicken stock to the chicken and allow it to come up to the boil
- Add the macaroni and cook for 10 – 12 minutes
- Once the pasta has cooked, place the lid onto the pot and allow it to remain in the pot, with the lid on,for a further 5 minutes
- Make sure to stir the pasta often to prevent it from sticking to the pot while it is cooking