28 Nov honey, soy and Chinese-5-spice roast chicken
Honey, soy and Chinese-5-spice crispy roast chicken
This honey, soy and Chinese-5-spice roast chicken is the most wonderful way to jazz up a plain old roast chicken. It is quick and easy to prepare and the flavours of the honey, soy and Chinese-5-spice are a match made in heaven. The combination of ingredients give the chicken the most unbelievable flavour.
There are so many people that absolutely love eating chicken. There are an equally large number of people looking for different ways to flavour their chicken or it really can get quite boring to eat. This recipe is just the answer to your chicken flavouring dilemma.
I tried this recipe out on guests that we had over for dinner and it was a raging success. They absolutely loved the flavours of the chicken and were so happy to be eating a new chicken recipe.
If you are looking for something different to make this Christmas, this is the perfect recipe for you. It has the lovely warming spices from the Chinese-5-spice and is the perfect addition to the Christmas table.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did and I would love to see photos of your chicken creations, Leanne xoxo
Honey, soy and Chinese-5-spice roast chicken
2 Tbsp honey
3 low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese-5-spice
2 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup water
1.5kg chicken (feel to use a bigger chicken and double up on the sauce)
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade and mix well, making sure that the honey has been properly dissolved
- Place the chicken into a baking dish that is suitable for the oven and pour the marinade over the chicken
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken making sure to coat the bird well
- Leave the chicken to marinade for an hour or two before cooking if possible
- Preheat the oven to 200⁰C and place the marinated chicken into the oven to roast for 70 minutes or until the skin has gone a dark brown colour and the chicken is cooked through
- Turn the chicken over once during cooked so that both sides cook evenly and are crispy
- Once cooked remove the chicken from the oven and enjoy !
If you are looking for some more chicken inspiration then have a look at one pot Italian chicken and brown rice or The easiest and most delicious chicken lo mein recipe for some more chicken recipe ideas.