08 Jul honey and turmeric baked chicken
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to this week’s super simple honey and turmeric baked chicken recipe. This sweet and savory chicken recipe is really superb. First of all this recipe has the most beautiful balance of flavors. Secondly my entire family went mad for this recipe which is always a good thing.
One of the most common complaints that I hear from people, especially clients, is that they are bored of their own food. I think this can be said for most of us. This week’s healthy honey and turmeric baked chicken recipe is a truly delicious meal and is likely to become a firm favorite in your home.
This recipe is very versatile and can be served with lots of different side dishes. I served rice with the recipe but you could also do potatoes, sweet potatoes or vegetables to go with this chicken recipe.
This other beauty of this honey and turmeric chicken recipe is that is a very quick and easy dish to put together but above all it is something deliciously different to try. Let me know how it goes!
If you need some more chicken recipes then have a look at this BBQ chicken with lentils or this one-pot chicken pasta. They both also really delicious and are sure to add some variety to your repertoire of chicken recipes. If you are finding that you are really short of chicken recipes there are some really great recipe resources out there.
Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Honey and turmeric baked chicken
½ cup honey
1 Tbsp turmeric powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp chicken stock powder
2 tsp salt
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup water
1 chicken braiipack
- combine the sauce ingredients and mix well
- Place the chicken drumsticks into and ovenproof dish, that has a lid, and pour the marinade over the chicken
- Place the dish into the fridge and let the chicken marinade for 2 hours, or longer if you have the time
- The dish is the removed from the fridge and placed into an oven that has been pre-heated to 180⁰C
- Bake the marinated chicken at 180⁰C for 1 ½ hours with the lid on
- Then remove the lid and cook the chicken for a further 30 – 40 minutes, turning the chicken once during this time
- The honey and turmeric chicken should be a beautiful golden brown colour