22 Jun quick and easy vegetarian meatballs
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to this week’s vegetarian meatball recipe. I chose to use the Beyond Meat ground product for this recipe. So if there if there are any of you out there wanting to try the product but not sure what to do with it then this vegetarian meatballs recipe is for you.
There is a move towards eating vegetarian meals during the week and many people are changing their diets to become fully vegetarian. This may be for ethical or health reasons. Regardless it is always great to try out new vegetarian recipes to keep the diet varied and interesting.
I prefer vegetarian eating and so was very interested to try out this Beyond meat product. I decided to make vegetarian meatballs from the Beyond meat vegetarian mince. Although this product is quite processed and I don’t think it is something that should be eaten every day, it was really delicious.
The recipe is actually quite simple. Its a combination of the mince, breadcrumbs and an egg and the vegetarian meatballs are then baked in the oven. The texture of the cooked product was remarkably similar to a regular meatball. In addition, the taste was really delicious too. So this recipe is definitely a keeper. Even if you aren’t vegetarian yourself it is a great recipes to have on hand for vegetarian guests.
If you find that you need more vegetarian recipes then look no further. I have lots of yummy recipes for you! This potato peanut stew or this Green lentil Rogan Josh curry or these Coconut curried lentils are scrumptious vegetarian options.
There are also some outstanding vegetarian bloggers out there whose recipes are truly superb. I often refer clients to the recipes from Richa Hingle, who goes by the name Vegan Richa. Her recipes are a triumph and really worth checking out. I can’t wait to try out this palak tofu paneer which looks rich and delicious – https://www.veganricha.com/palak-tofu-tofu-in-spinach-curry-vegan/. This peanut butter curry is one of my favorite recipes of hers and is a must try – https://www.veganricha.com/chickpeas-in-turmeric-peanut-butter-curry/.
I hope that you give today’s vegetarian meatball recipe a try. I would love to see the photos of your cooked recipes. Until next time. Leanne xoxo
Quick and easy vegetarian meatballs
1 slice wholewheat low GI bread
1 slice white low GI bread
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 x package Beyond Meat plant-based ground
1 jumbo egg
- Place the ingredients for the breadcrumbs into a blender and blend until the crumbs are completely broken down and are a fine crumb
- measure out 1 cup of the breadcrumbs and set aside to add to the ground “meat” later on
- Place the tablespoon of oil into a pan and cook the onions until they are a golden brown colour
- Add the onions, breadcrumbs and egg to the “meat” and mix well to combine
- Place the mixture into a dish and refrigerate for an hour
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and scoop out desert spoons full of the mixture and roll into balls
- Place the balls onto a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and place the baking tray with the meatballs into the oven
- Bake the vegetarian meatballs for 30 minutes, turning once during the cooking time.