07 Jun tofu korma curry
This tofu Korma curry is a wonderfully simple and delicious midweek meal.
Even if you aren’t vegetarian it’s a good idea to plan some plant based protein into your diet. This tofu Korma curry is the perfect start.
The sauce for the tofu korma curry is scratch made and is beautifully fragrant. The sauce is incredibly versatile and can be used as the base for a variety of dishes.
The recipe for the sauce is quite large and can be frozen or used for another dish. I used the remainder of my sauce to make a chicken Korma for the meat eaters in my family. So all in all this tofu korma curry recipe was a real winner.
I have lots of other vegetarian recipes on my site to help inspire you. This http://sandtondiet.co.za/green-lentil-rogan-josh-curry/ and http://sandtondiet.co.za/spinach-and-ricotta-phyllo-pie/ this are equally scrumptious.
One of my favourite vegetarian bloggers is Vegan Richa. Her recipes are super creative. This compilation of hers is worth looking at – https://www.veganricha.com/2018/12/best-vegan-recipes-2018.html Rabbit and Wolves is also worth checking out, wow is that girl creative. This recipe looks superb – https://www.rabbitandwolves.com/vegan-quesaritos/.
Please post pictures of your cooked tofu korma curry recipes. I would love to see your creations! Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Out of this world tofu korma curry
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 x red pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 x large onion, cut into chunks
- 300g baby tomatoes
- 1 x 410g can lite coconut milk
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 200g firm tofu, cut into 1-inch/ 2.5cm cubes
- coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil up in a pan
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin, coriander and garam masala
- Cook the spices until the mustard seeds start to pop
- Add the tomatoes, pepper and tomato paste to the onion mixture and cook for 2 – 3 minutes
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the coconut milk, garlic and ginger to the mixture and then puree the contents in the pan until smooth
- Divide the sauce into half and add the cubed tofu to sauce and simmer on the stove for 5 minutes
- Serve the tofu korma curry with jasmine rice and garnish with coriander