The easiest oven baked eggs in toast
This oven baked eggs in toast recipe is a fabulous recipe to have in your arsenal. It took me 15 minutes from start to finish to put the entire meal together. I have made this recipe many times over the years and is loved by the adults and the kids in my family
Eggs are a great cheap and nutritious meal to give to your family. They are high in good quality protein and are incredibly versatile in recipes.
This recipe is perfect for those days when you have to cook supper, you have no idea what to cook and you have no energy to cook the meal either. It is extremely quick to put together and because it’s baked in the oven you don’t have to stand at the stove to cook anything. Another advantage of this oven baked eggs I toast recipe is that you can cook in bulk. Your only limitation is the size of your tray.
If you have kids in the family it is a great way to get them to do some of the work. Because the whole has to be cut out of the bread the options for shapes and sizes are endless. You can get them to cut whichever shape they want and to spread the bread with olive or butter. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did
The easiest baked eggs in toast you will ever make
6 slices low GI/ wholegrain/ rye bread (this number will depend on how many people you are feeding)
6 large eggs
Olive oil spray or butter
Salt to taste
- Cut a whole into each slice of bread using a cookie cutter (depending on whether you are serving this to kids or adults you can play around with the shape of the cookie cutter that you are using)
- Cover the baking tray with baking paper and line the slices of bread next to each other on the tray
- Spray each slice of bread with olive oil spray (this is also quite flexible…depending on your preference you are welcome to use olive oil, butter etc)
- Crack each egg on the tray itself in the whole in the bread where the egg is going to be placed so that you can crack the egg and get it into the whole in the bread in one motion
- Sprinkle each egg with a bit of salt to taste
- Bake in the oven at 180C for about 10 – 12 minutes (because everyone likes their eggs done differently this time will most probably vary between each household)
- Enjoy this delicious and super easy meal !