17 May The best one-pot macaroni and cheese
This is my absolute favourite go to meal. It is quick. It is ridiculously easy. And my kids love it!
I make this one-pot macaroni and cheese often. You know those days when everyone arrives home moaning and demanding a meal? This is the ultimate quick-fix meal.
The beauty of this one-pot macaroni and cheese is…. You guessed it, it only uses one pot. Everything, except the cheese, is dumped into one pot and presto your meal is served.
I also happen to think that this one-pot macaroni and cheese is totally comparable to the regular version. The bonus is that you don’t have to stand and make a separate sauce. The pot does it all for you!
If you need a bit more quick pasta inspiration then check out http://sandtondiet.co.za/quick-and-easy-one-pot-pesto-olive-and-tomato-pasta/ which is unbelievably delicious. Or if you are a garlic lover this http://sandtondiet.co.za/roast-garlic-pasta-putanesca/ is sublime.
There are some other food bloggers who also have some beautiful pasta recipes on offer. But the one who deserves a special mention is Martha Stewart. She is apparently the creator of the one pot pasta. And in my opinion it’s one the the best food inventions yet. A food blogger who goes by the name of The Greatist has compiled a whole lot of one-pot pasta recipes including the original Martha Stewart recipe – https://greatist.com/eat/one-pot-pasta-recipes
I hope that you enjoy these recipes. I look forward to seeing your creations. Until next time, Leanne xoxo
The best one-pot macaroni and cheese of all time
3 cups low fat milk (at room temperature)
2 cups water
1 Tbsp vegetable or chicken stock powder
½ tsp mustard powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
500g penne or elbow macaroni
2 cups finely grated white cheddar cheese (this should ideally be a fat reduced cheese)
- Place the milk, water, macaroni and all the spices into a large pot and mix well
- Place the pot onto the stove and heat up the contents until they reach boiling point
- Once boiling, lower the heat so that the liquid in the pot in simmering slowly and place the lid on the pot
- Cook the macaroni for 10 minutes
- Make sure to stir the contents of the pot often to make sure that the ingredients don’t stick
- Once the cooking time is over remove the pot from the stove and add the first cup of grated cheese
- Stir the cheese in well and add the second cup of cheese until the ingredients are well mixed together