31 Jan The best ever sweet and tangy chicken
Welcome back to Sandtondiet! In keeping with my current slow cooker obsession here is this week’s recipe for slow cooker sweet and tangy chicken
I have to say that this recipe has only reinforced my love for this little gadget. With minimal input I made a gorgeous chicken dinner that my family all loved.
This recipe is simple to say the least. There are just a handful of ingredients that are quickly put together to make this glorious meal. The slow cooker is turned on, left to run for 5 hours and voila, dinner is served!
This slow cooker sweet and tangy chicken recipe is ideal for those hectically busy weeknights. It is also a great meal to have up your sleeve when you have to run out and will only be back later in the day.
This is definitely one of my favourite chicken dishes so far. I will most certainly be making this again. I would love to see photos of your sweet and tangy chicken dishes! Until next time, Leanne xoxo
The best ever clean eating sweet and tangy chicken
1 whole chicken, cut into portion
½ cup thick soy sauce
½ cup ketchup (try find a lower sugar variety)
1/3 cup honey
½ tsp mustard powder
½ tsp bottled dried ginger
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
¼ cup finely chopped spring onions
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together
- Place half the chicken portions into the slow cooker and cover with half the sauce
- Repeat this for the second half of the ingredients
- Cook the chicken on low for 5 hours and then remove from the slow cooker
- Heat your oven up to grill and place the chicken under the grill for 1 ½ – 2 minutes to give it a golden brown colour (if you don’t mind the colour then you can skip this step)
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onion and serve