This Thai peanut butter chicken curry is one of the best chicken curry dishes that I have ever made. First of all this recipe has the most beautiful balance of flavours and secondly my entire family went mad for this recipe which is always a good thing. Also after this chicken curry was posted online I had the most amazing feedback from people telling me how unbelievable this recipe is.
One of the most common complaints that I hear from people, especially clients, is that they are bored of their own food. I think this can be said for most of us. This week’s Thai peanut butter chicken curry recipe is a truly delicious meal and is likely to become a firm favourite in your home.
This chicken curry recipe can be a stand-alone dish or can be served with many side dishes. This chicken curry goes exceptionally well with jasmine rice, basmati rice, a Thai inspired vegetable side dish but as you can see the possibilities are endless..
This other beauty of this peanut butter chicken curry recipe is that is a very quick and easy dish to put together but above all it is something deliciously different to try. Let me know how it goes! See you next week, Leanne x
Thai peanut butter chicken curry
1 x medium onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp freshly minced garlic
1 Tbsp freshly minced ginger
1 tsp salt
1 heaped Tbsp tomato puree
400ml lite coconut milk
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
½ cup peanut butter (no sugar, no salt PB)
1 x braai pack chicken portions
- Place the oil in an oven proof dish that is also suitable for the stove top
- Heat the oil up in the dish and sauté the onions together with the garlic, ginger and salt
- Once the onions are translucent and nicely browned, stir through the tomato puree and mix well
- Once the onions and tomato puree are well mixed, add the rest of the ingredients and then mix well again
- Place the chicken into the dish on top of the sauce mixture making sure to cover the chicken piece on the sauce
- Cook the chicken, with the lid off, at 180C for 1 ½ hours or until well browned on both sides
- Garnish with fresh coriander and spring onions and enjoy!