This week’s low carb sugar free almond flour and banana pancake recipe is a treat to eat. They are super easy to make, delicious and healthy too.
The recipe includes a banana, an egg and almond flour. The combination is really delicious and sure to be a family favourite This pancake recipe was breakfast for my kids on Sunday and it went down extremely well. Just be careful though because it is really tempting to eat the whole lot all at once!
One of my favourite things about this pancake recipe is that it is suitable for many diets. It’s dairy free, sugar free and gluten free and is super healthy.
There are those days though when you just feel like something yummy and this is four-ingredient banana pancake recipe is just the recipe to hit that spot. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did, Leanne
Low carb sugar free almond flour and banana pancake recipe
1 large ripe banana
1 jumbo egg
2 Tbsp almond flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp oil
- Break the banana into pieces, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until it is quite well mashed
- Add the egg and mix well
- Then add the almond flour and the baking powder and whisk well to remove any lumps
- Leave the mixture to sit for 15 minutes for the batter to thicken
- Place the oil in a non-stick pan and rub it all over the base with roller towel (which you can then throw out)
- Heat the pan to a moderate heat (don’t make it too hot. These little babies take longer to cook than regular pancakes because they don’t have regular flour in them)
- Pour 1 ½ tablespoons of the batter into your pan to make each pancake
- When you start to see bubbles or when the underside of the pancake is a darkish brown colour then they are ready to turn
- Using a thin, clean egg lifter gently lift the pancake (the top is still quite wobbly) and turn it over to cook the other side (again because there isn’t regular flour in these pancakes they are more ‘fragile’ than regular pancakes. I also found that if my lifter had leftover batter on it then the next pancake tended to stick to the lifter) and then enjoy!
NOTE: this recipe can be double if you need more pancakes
Makes 6 pancakes