23 Mar sugar free blender banana muffins
I’ve had several requests recently to post a healthy muffin recipe. These sugar free blender banana muffins fit the bill perfectly.
Over the years I have tried many muffin recipes. I’ve also had many recipes completely flop. So I was absolutely delighted at how these sugar free blender muffins turned out.
These muffins are soft and moist just as a muffin should be! Don’t tell anyone but they are healthy too.
The base of the muffins is oats (there’s absolutely no flour) and they are sweetened with banana, stevia and a little bit of honey.
Cookie and Kate also has some great healthy muffin recipe for you to try out – https://cookieandkate.com/2018/healthy-blueberry-muffins/
I hope that you enjoy these as much as we did. Until next time, Leanne xoxo
The best sugar free blender banana muffins you have ever tasted
2 ½ cups oats
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
A pinch salt
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup stevia granules
3 large over ripe bananas
1 cup low fat milk
2 extra large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract/ essence
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp honey
- Place the oats into a blender and blend it until it becomes like a fine flour
- Remove the oat flour from the blender and place into a mixing bowl
- Add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon to the oats and mix well
- Next place the bananas, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, oil and honey into the blender and blender until the mixture is a smooth consistency
- Add the banana mixture to the oats and mix well
- Leave the mixture to sit for 30 minutes to allow the oats to absorb some of the liquid
- Pre-heat your oven to 180⁰C
- While the oven is heating up and your oats mixture is soaking spray 18 muffin tin holders with olive oil spray (I lined each muffin tin holder with a disposable tinfoil muffin/ cupcake holder)
- Place the muffin tins into the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean
NOTE: these muffins freeze beautifully