18 Mar roast garlic pasta putanesca
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to this week’s super quick and easy roast garlic pasta putanesca.
If you are looking for a quick mid-week flavour bomb then this is the recipe for you! The bit that take’s the longest is roasting the garlic. After that the dish takes 5 minutes to assemble and then dinner is ready.
The addition of the roast garlic to this recipe gives this pasta a beautiful rich complexity. The other bonus of roasting the garlic is that your breath doesn’t smell quite as bad afterwards. So don’t be scared off by the amount of garlic in this pasta, it is well worth it!
If you need a bit more pasta inspiration, then look no further. This quick and easy one-pot pesto, olive and tomato pasta or this Quick and easy chicken lo mein are just as delicious.
This recipe for The Mediterranean Dish also looks superb https://www.themediterraneandish.com/baked-spaghetti-recipe-homemade-spaghetti-sauce/. She really knows how to pack flavour into food!
I hope that you enjoy this as much as we did! Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Roast garlic pasta putanesca
2 garlic bulbs
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
lots of cracked black pepper
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup baby tomatoes, cut in half
2 Tbsp capers
500g/16 ounces linguine pasta
- Season the garlic bulbs with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and salt and cover with tinfoil
- Roast the garlic bulbs for 40 minutes at 180C
- Once cooked squeeze the cooked garlic out of the bulbs and combine them with the olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the linguine according to the instructions on the packet
- Once the pasta is cooked combine it with the garlic-olive oil mixture and season well with salt and lots of cracked black pepper
- Add the olive, tomatoes and capers and mix to combine well
- Then enjoy!