12 Mar roast balsamic onion chicken recipe
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to this week’s balsamic onion chicken recipe.
I’m not sure about you but I am always on the lookout for new chicken recipes. It seems that most people like chicken but let’s face it, it can be so boring. This recipe was a bit of a throwback to my gran. She used to make the most unbelievable onion chicken. I am always trying to recreate the recipe and I think that this try was probably the closest that I’ve got so far.
This recipe is really simple and uses just a few ingredients. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the ingredients though. This balsamic onion chicken recipe packs a flavour punch!
The beauty of this recipe is that it was very easy to put together and my family absolutely loved it. What could be better than a recipe that has been approved by your harshest critics.
This recipe from Well Plated by Erin is also a keeper: https://www.wellplated.com/lemon-basil-chicken/. Her cooking is absolutely divine!
I hope that you enjoy this chicken as much as we did. Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Roast balsamic onion chicken
3 onions, sliced
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp oil
1 whole chicken, cut into portions
1 Tbsp bottled onion powder
2 Tbsp chicken stock powder
- Combine the sliced onions, salt, balsamic vinegar and oil and mix well
- Place the seasoned onions at the base of an oven proof dish that is big enough to accommodate your chicken
- Combine the onion powder and the chicken stock powder in an empty seasoning bottle and mix well
- Season both sides of the chicken portions well with the onion-chicken spice mixture and place onto the layer of onions in the baking dish
- Place into an oven that has been preheated to 180⁰C and bake for minutes, turning once or twice during cooking, ensuring that the chicken is cooked through and well browned