Quick and easy one-pot pesto, olive and tomato pasta
This recipe for one-pot pasta is an absolute winner. It was super quick and easy to prepare and was beyond delicious with the addition of the pesto, olives and tomato.
You may have seen that there are lots of one-pot pasta recipes around but I can never get my head around the concept, it just seems too good to be true. Also, in theory I could not believe that dumping pasta together with other ingredients in one pot could create a good meal.
But it does! And what an absolute keeper. This one-pot pasta dish is one that I will be making many times over because it was absolutely delicious. The combination of ingredients works beautifully and it was honestly just a bowl of pesto yumminess.
Every single member of my family loved this and I have since been asked to make this dish twice again. This dish is so easy to put together even the kids can get involved with this one. I hope that you enjoy this dish as much as we did!
3 ½ cups vegetable stock
450g spaghetti, broken in half (apologies to all the Italians I just offended)
½ cup basil and cashew pesto
1 cup baby tomatoes, halved (halve them before measuring)
2/3 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- Place the stock into a large pot and bring to the boil
- Once boiling add the rest of the ingredients and give everything a good stir
- Reduce the heat on the stove to a low simmer and leave the pasta to cook for 10 minutes with the lid on
- Make sure to stir every few minutes or the pasta sticks to the pot
- Once the 10 minutes is over leave the pot on the stove with the lid on for a further 5 minutes to absorb the rest of the liquid then enjoy!