05 Aug potato peanut stew
I have to say that this potato peanut stew is one of my favourite vegetarian recipes yet. This recipe is so packed full of flavour that even a meat lover won’t miss the protein in this one.
I decided to make two recipes in one with the sauce for this recipe. I made the potato peanut stew with the first half. And I made an African peanut chicken stew with the other half – African peanut chicken stew. Therefore if you are serving people where some are meat eaters and some are vegetarian then this recipe is ideal.
I have been wanting to make an African style stew for ages because the cuisine from that part of the world uses the most beautifully aromatic blend of spices. I personally love cumin and when combined with the other spices in this potato peanut stew it resulted in a wonderful mouthful of food.
I have lots of other delicious vegetarian recipes on my blog and as a result there are plenty other vegetarian recipes to chose from. This Spinach and ricotta phyllo pie is seriously delicious and is probably one of my all-time favourite vegetarian dishes to eat. Likewise, why not try these Coconut curried lentils which are not only healthy but above all they are to die for! Furthermore, if you are just generally trying to cut down on the amount of meat that you eat then give this lemony mushroom risotto a go, I promise that you won’t be disappointed.
If you would like to branch out a bit and look at recipes from other blogs then you have to check out Vegan Richa and Rabbit and Wolves because these ladies are seriously creative cooks –https://www.veganricha.com/recipes or https://www.rabbitandwolves.com/.
I really hope that you have enjoyed today’s potato peanut stew recipe as well as all the other recipe inspiration. Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Blow your mind potato peanut stew
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground Coriander
1/4 tsp dried tumeric
2 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, crushed
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 x 410g canned diced peeled tomatoes
2 Tbsp chicken stock powder
1 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter
15 baby potatoes cut in half
1/2 cup shelled peas
unsalted peanuts and fresh coriander for garnish
To make the peanut sauce
Heat the oil up in a pot
2. Saute the onion in the oil
3. Once the onions are mostly cooked add the dried and fresh spices until the spices are smelling fragrant
4. Next add the tomato paste and the canned tomatoes and cook the sauce for 15 – 20 minutes
5. Once cooked, puree the sauce and add the peanut butter
6. This sauce is then divided in half to make the potato and pea curry as well as the African peanut chicken stew
Complete the potato peanut stew
7. Place the halved potatoes as well as the peas in a pot together with half of the peanut sauce
8. cook the potatoes for 25 minutes or until cooked through and your potato peanut stew is ready