28 Nov Outstanding shredded beef recipe
This weeks healthy and easy shredded beef recipe is the most outstanding shredded beef you have ever tasted. The beef is fall apart delicious and is seriously quick to put together.
Shredded beef is a really versatile recipe to have in your repertoire. It can be made on the stove top or in the slow cooker and it is simply scrumptious. The recipe is quick and easy to put together and is most certainly loved by whole family. The recipe is as simple as browning the meat and adding the rest of the ingredients which are then left to do their thing on the stove.
The recipe uses stewing beef which needs a longer time to cook but boy is it worth the wait. Because of the longer cooking method the meat is soft and juicy and as the title suggests, it just falls apart.
The shredded beef can be used as the base to many meals. The beef can be served on a baked sweet potato, on zucchini noodles or over caulimash. Essentially wherever you would use bolognaise, this shredded beef recipe can be used instead.
I have been making this recipe for years and it’s always a hit. The recipe is quite small though so if you have more than 4 people eating or if you want left overs then double up the recipe. Let me know how it goes, Leanne x
The most outstanding shredded beef
1 Tbsp canola oil
500g lean beef goulash/ stewing beef
1 ½ cups finely chopped carrots, onion and celery
1 sachet (50g) tomato paste
1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp low garlic and herb seasoning
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 ½ cups water
4 – 5 sweet potatoes or yams
- Heat the oil in a pot and sear the beef for about 5 minutes until it is well browned
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and simmer, with the lid on, on a low heat for 2 ½ – 3 hours
- At the end of the cooking time use a potato masher to break up the meat into fine pieces
- To roast the sweet potatoes or yams, coat each potato in a small amount of oil
- Place the potatoes into a roasting pan that has been covered with baking paper and roast for approximately an hour depending on the size of the sweet potatoes or yams
- Slice the sweet potato open down the middle and add a serving of the meat to the centre of the sweet potato