28 Nov Outstanding Asian pineapple and beef kebab recipe
Outstanding Asian pineapple and beef kebab recipe
This Asian pineapple and beef kebab recipe is absolutely delicious. The Asian flavours together with the tender beef and zingy pineapple make this recipe an absolute delight to eat.
This beef kebab recipe is also a great way to stretch an expensive cut of meat. I got nine chunky and substantial skewers out of the 600g of beef that I used in this recipe. This Asian pineapple and beef kebab recipe uses a few simple but flavour packed ingredients to make a wonderfully tender and succulent kebab.
This recipe is also fabulous because it is so quick and easy to put together. And lets be honest, who doesn’t like quick and easy? We absolutely loved this recipe and I’m sure you will too.
I would love to see photos of your cooked Sandtondiet recipes! Chat next week, Leanne
Asian Beef and pineapple kebabs
600g flap (or any steak quality beef)
½ cup orange juice
1 tsp freshly minced ginger
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 red pepper , cut into 2,5cm/ 1 inch squares
1 yellow pepper, cut into 2,5cm/ 1 inch squares
1 whole pineapple, peeled and cubed
3 – 4 medium purple onions cut into chunks
8 – 9 bamboo or wooden skewers
- Cut the meat into 2.5cm / 1 inch cubes and set aside
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade and mix well
- Add the beef chunks to the marinade and mix well so that each piece is well coated in the marinade
- Cover the dish with the meat in it and place it into the fridge so that the meat can marinade for a few hours
- While the meat is marinating place the skewers into a container with water and allow them to soak for a few hours (don’t skip this step or your skewers may burn)
- Once the meat is finished marinating take it out of the fridge and begin threading the skewers with your prepared ingredients
- Thread on a cube of meat, then onion, pepper and pineapple and then repeated the process until the skewer is fully loaded
- Repeat the process until all you skewers have been threaded
- Pre-heat the oven to the grill (broil) setting and make sure that the rack in the oven is placed correctly so that you can grill (broil) your skewers
- Place the skewers into a roasting tray which has a roasting rack in it and place the tray into the oven to begin grilling (broiling) your beef and vegetable skewers (make sure that the kebabs are not too close to the grill or they may burn. See the images of the cooking process to see where I placed my kebabs in the oven)
- Cook the kebabs for 5 minutes, remove them from the oven and turn them over and place back into the oven to cook the next side of your skewers
- Repeat this process three times so that you total cooking time is 15 minutes
- Quick, easy and there is dinner ready in no time, enjoy!