28 Nov Chicken – Maple Orange & Pumpkin
This quick and easy maple orange chicken recipe is pure heaven to eat. The flavours of the maple syrup and orange are absolutely gorgeous together. The pumpkin also goes beautifully with the ingredients in this dish to make a beautifully festive chicken recipe.
This chicken recipe is really easy to put together. You begin by mixing the sauce ingredients and pouring them over the chicken. You then season the pumpkin with cinnamon and place that together with the chicken in the dish. And there you have a quick and easy but flavour packed chickens recipe.
Most people love chicken and it’s often quite difficult to think of a new recipe for chicken. This recipe is a great one to keep because it’s simple to put together and equally great to serve to your family or to serve to guests.
I have remade this recipe already because everyone that ate it absolutely loved it. I hope that you enjoy this chicken recipe as much as we did, Leanne xoxo
Quick and easy maple orange chicken with sweet pumpkin
½ cup maple syrup (don’t use maple flavoured syrup, try find the real deal)
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup orange juice
1 ½ Tbsp oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard (you can use whichever mustard you prefer)
Salt to taste
500g pumpkin, cut into cubes
2 tsp oil
½ tso cinnamon
1 whole chicken, cut into portions
- Mix the sauce ingredients together making sure that they are well mixed
- Place the chicken portions into an oven proof dish and pour over the sauce
- Once you have poured the sauce over the chicken then season with salt
- In a separate bowl mix the pumpkin with the oil and cinnamon and then place the cinnamon pumpkin together with the chicken in the baking dish
- Place the chicken and pumpkin dish into the oven and bake at 180C for 1 ½ hours or until the chicken has turned a lovely golden brown colour and the pumpkin is slightly charred