15 Jul Lemon honey chicken
Welcome back to sandtondiet and to this week’s lemon honey chicken recipe.
I absolutely loved this recipe for a few reasons. Firstly it was really easy to assemble. Secondly it was made with clean fresh ingredients that work beautifully together. Thirdly, this recipe was a real hit with my family.
I happened to have Lemons in the fridge and as with everyone else, I felt so bored with my regular chicken recipes. So the combination of the sour lemons and the sweet honey just made sense
When I’m making chicken I like to cook a variety of parts because I find that it also adds variety to the meal. So for this lemon and honey chicken I used only drumsticks. But the marinade will work with whatever chicken pieces that you happen to have. This recipe was such a hit that it will definitely be going into my upcoming chicken recipe book.
Aside from this lemon and honey chicken I absolutely love this quick and easy paleo pesto chicken chicken. Since I created the recipe I’ve made it often! I also have a special spot for. It is a really versatile recipe that works every time. These shredded chicken tacos were such a hit with my family! they are a really fun and interactive chicken dinner.
In addition to these fabulous chicken recipes I have stumbled upon a few chicken recipes that are really worth checking out. Jamie Oliver’s milk chicken has become the stuff of legends and is certainly worth a try – https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/chicken-in-milk/. This recipe from Recipe Tine eats also looks great – https://www.recipetineats.com/chicken-marinade/. Nagi’s recipes are always a huge hit!
Well I hope that have enjoyed today’s lemon honey chicken recipe and all the other chicken inspiration. Until next time, Leanne
Honey and lemon chicken
Zest and juice of one lemon
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp honey
3 tsp chicken spice
1 large brown onion, cut into chunks
10 chicken drumsticks
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and chicken spice and mix well
2. Place the chicken pieces into an oven proof dish and place the onion wedges amongst the chicken
3. Pour the lemon honey marinade over the chicken and allow the chicken to marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
4. Place the marinaded chicken into an oven that has been preheated to 180C
4. Cook the chicken for 1 – 1 1/2 hours until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, turning once or twice during the cooking to ensure that it cooks evenly