28 Nov Pumpkin Maple Streusel Muffins
This healthy pumpkin maple muffin recipe is out of this world. These low carb and sugar free muffins are a wonderful blend or pumpkin and maple and are finished off with a lovely nutty, crunchy streusel topping.
I think all households have a favourite muffin recipe. Whether it’s banana, pumpkin or, who doesn’t love a good muffin.
The problem with most muffin recipes though is that they are packed full of sugar. Not only are they packed with sugar but they are also usually very high in refined carbohydrate.
This muffin recipe is a solution to these dilemmas. The refined flour has been replaced with low carbohydrate alternatives. They are also free from refines sugars and are therefore a far healthier option.
After tasting these muffins I think I will be replacing the flour and sugar in all the muffins I make going forward. As per usual these muffins were taste tested and were an absolute hit.
I hope that you love this muffin recipe as much as we did and look forward to seeing the photos of your cooked recipes.
Healthy pumpkin maple muffins
1 ½ cups almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 cup pumpkin puree (I steamed 450g pumpkin and then pureed the pumpkin)
½ cup lit coconut milk
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
3 extra large eggs
¼ cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp stevia (use a granulated stevia that is suitable for baking)
¼ tsp dried cinnamon
¼ tsp dried ginger
2 tsp baking powder
¼ cup slivered almonds
2 Tbsp oats
2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
½ Tbsp stevia (use a granulated stevia that is suitable for baking)
- Combine all the dry ingredients for the muffin together and mix well so that all the ingredients are well distributed
- Next add all the wet ingredients and mix well again making sure not to overmix the batter
- Spray a muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray and fill the muffin pan compartments about 2/3 full (I made 8 large muffins) so that the mixture is evenly distributed between the muffin pan compartments
- Place all the streusel ingredients into a blender and pulse until the streusel is well distributed but not too fine
- Take approximately 1 – 2 tablespoons of the streusel mixture and place it on top of each muffin
- Put the muffin tins into an oven that has been pre-heated to 180⁰C and bake for 23 minutes or until the muffins have gone a light brown colour and an toothpick that is inserted comes out clean