28 Nov fluffy no-fail mushroom and onion omelette
Fluffy no-fail mushroom and onion omelette recipe
This fluffy no-fail mushroom and onion omelette recipe is a fantastic and quick recipe to put together. It took me 15 minutes from start to finish to put the entire meal together.
Eggs are a really nutritious meal. They have good quality protein in them and they also have certain vitamins in the yolk of the egg. We have at least one day a week (usually on the weekends) where eggs form part of the meal or are the actual meal. It is nice however to have some variation in the eggs that you make rather than just sticking to the same egg recipe all the time.
This got me thinking and got me back to the fact that my omelette making still wasn’t great. So I decided that there has be a way to conquer these babies. This omelette recipe is the result and is an absolute keeper. Finally I have conquered the omelette and it was well worth it!
If your omelette flipping skills aren’t quite up to scratch then check out this tutorial on How to flip an omelette if you aren’t a chef.
I hope you have as much fun making these as I did, Leanne
Fluffy no-fail mushroom and onion omelette
2 tsp oil
1 heaped cup, sliced button mushrooms
3 tbsp finely grated onions
Salt to taste
1 tsp butter
4 egg whites
¼ tsp baking powder
Salt to taste
- Place the two teaspoons of oil into a non-stick pan and heat it up
- Add the mushrooms and onions and sauté until there is no liquid left in the pan (generally if you cook these at a higher heat then no liquid accumulates)
- Take the mushroom mixture out of the pan and set aside
- Add the butter to a non-stick pan that is small enough to accommodate one omelette and put it on the stove
- Heat the pan up to the point where the butter is melting and add half the egg mixture (I like to make one omelette at a time so that each person can choose their own filling but you may make this mixture all at once)
- When the egg mixture is mostly cooked through add the cheese and the mushroom mixture and fold it over
- Continue cooking until the egg is cooked through and is golden brown on the outside
- Slide the omelette out the non-stick pan onto a plate and enjoy!