28 Nov double-dipped baked french toast
This double-dipped baked French toast recipe is absolutely delicious. With the wonderful flavours of cinnamon and vanilla it is sure to delight your palate first thing in the morning.
One of my favourite dishes to have for breakfast is French toast. The problem is that most French toast is so fatty and so calorie dense that you really shouldn’t be eating it on a regular basis.
Hence this recipe which is double-dipped, low in fat and healthy all at the same time. I therefore am able to eat French toast whenever I feel like it and it’s guilt free.
The other beauty of this recipe is that the whole lot is baked it the oven all at once. So this really saves a lot of time and it saves from standing over a pan and cooking each piece individually. Also if you are having people over for breakfast or brunch this is a great recipe because it can be made in bulk.
double-dipped French toast
3 whole large eggs
3 egg whites
½ tsp cinnamon (if you don’t like cinnamon then just leave it out)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp stevia granules (I use a stevia/ erythritol blend)
4 slices low GI bread (if you can’t get low GI bread then choose the healthiest variety of bread that you are able to find)
- Combine the eggs, the eggs whites, cinnamon, vanilla and the stevia in a mixing bowl and beat well (I used an electric hand beater for this recipe to get the mixture nice and fluffy)
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture making sure to cover the slice of bread properly in the mixture
- Place each soaked piece of bread onto a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper
- Place the tray into the oven and bake the French toast for 10 minutes at 180C
- After 10 minutes remove the tray from the oven and dip each slice into the egg mixture again (use an egg lifter for this so that you don’t burn your hands)
- Place each slice of French toast back onto the baking tray and put it back into the oven for a further 5 minutes
- Remove the French toast from the oven, sprinkle with some more cinnamon and stevia granules and enjoy!