26 Mar Crockpot tuna lasagne recipe
This crockpot tuna lasagne recipe is one of those recipes that will become a household staple. It is incredibly easy to make and is scrumptious to eat.
This is another family favourite that is a regular feature in my house. This crockpot tuna lasagne recipe is a much healthier version compared to the usual high calorie, high fat lasagnes. The lasagne is much lower in fat than regular lasagne recipes but does not compromise in taste in any way.
It’s such an easy go to meal and my kids often request it. The nice thing about this crockpot tuna lasagne recipe is that it is also suitable if you are having people over because it’s really yum. It’s also a great way to sneak in vegetables. In this recipe I use tomatoes, onions and carrots but feel free to add veggies that your family enjoy.
This also looks like a great resource from delish.com with their 60 best slow cooker recipes of 2019 – https://www.delish.com/cooking/g3849/best-slow-cooker-recipes/
Let me know how your cooking goes and if you have any requests for recipes let me know too and I’ll be sure to feature them. Happy cooking, Leanne x
Crockpot tuna lasagne
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp canola oil
3 tins x 410g tin can tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
2 medium carrots, finely grated
Salt and pepper
3 tins tuna in water, drained
Dried lasagne sheets
1 cup fat reduced cheese, finely grated
- Sauté the onion in the oil until soft
- Add the canned tomatoes and carrots and simmer until the sauce has thickened and some of the liquid has cooked away
- Using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth and season with salt and pepper and then add the tuna to the mixture (if you want to skip this step then feel free to use a bought marinara sauce. You’ll need about 700ml or 22 ounces)
- Scoop about a quarter of the sauce into the bottom of the crockpot and lay one layer of lasagne on top (I had to break up the lasagne sheet to make it fit the shape of my crockpot)
- Repeat the process of layering sauce then lasagne sheets until all the sauce has been used
- The final layer should be sauce and then top that with the grated cheese
- Cook the tuna lasagne for 3 ½ hours on low and voila dinner is served!