11 Jul chicken fried rice
If you are looking to use up leftover chicken, then this chicken fried rice recipe is an absolute gem.
I made the chicken from scratch for this recipe today. But you can really use any leftover chicken that you have. If you don’t have leftover chicken then I suggest using the marinade that I have used in this chicken fried rice recipe. It usually typical Asian flavours and really goes beautifully with this recipe.
I used spring onions and corn to add some crunch to this chicken fried rice. But feel to use any vegetables that you have. This is a very versatile and forgiving recipe. I’ve seen similar recipes that use peas, peppers or bean sprouts as their crunchy vegetable component.
I’m busy putting a chicken recipe book together and this chicken fried rice recipe is definitely going in to the recipe book. It’s quick, it’s easy but most of all its really delicious.
Other than chicken fried rice I have lots of other chicken recipes on my website. This The ultimate top 15 chicken recipes or this shredded chicken tacos are both easy everyday chicken recipes that your family will love.
I found this Ethiopian chicken stew recipe from Africanbites the other day that looks really gorgeous – https://www.africanbites.com/doro-wat-ethiopian-chicken-stew/. It is packed with really beautiful flavours. Also from the African continent is this beautiful peanut chicken dish. It’s a recipe from Kitchen Sanctuary, who always posts drool worthy recipes – https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/african-chicken-peanut-stew/
I hope that you enjoy today’s chicken fried rice recipe. I will let you know as soon as my chicken recipe book is ready to purchase. It will be packed full of chicken recipes that your family will love. Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Chicken fried rice
1/2 c soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
700g thinly cut chicken breasts
5 cups cooked rice
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 spring onions
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup canned corn in brine
- Begin by combining the soy sauce, honey and oil and mixing them well
- Pour the marinade over the thinly sliced chicken breasts and allow them to marinade for at least 20 minutes
- To cook the chicken breasts either barbecue them or pan fry in them for 4 – 5 minutes per side (you can also use any leftover chicken that you happen to have)
- Once cooked, chop the chicken up into bite size pieces and set aside
- Heat up the 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or a large frying pan
- crack the eggs whole into the oil and let then cook for a bit and then scramble them (the idea is to have chunky bits of egg in your rice)
- once the eggs are cooked add your rice and chicken to the wok and mix them well to combine the flavours
- Finish off by pouring the last quarter cup of soy sauce, the spring onions, sprouts and corn to the rice
- Remove the chicken fried rice from the wok and place it into a serving dish ready to serve to your family or guests