16 Jan Best paleo mini pavlovas in the world
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to this week’s amazing paleo mini pavlova recipe. I have wanted to make a healthy pavlova recipe for ages. It is truly one of my favourite dessert recipes. The problem is that a regular pavlova is loaded with sugar and fat.
Hence my determination to come up with a recipe that isn’t such a thigh buster. This recipe is sugar free and dairy free but is just as delicious. These paleo mini pavlovas are also a spectacular looking dessert to serve. They really looked incredible when they were set out on the serving board.
If you want a healthy alternative to a regular pavlova then this is the dessert for you. These meringues are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. In my opinion this is the best way to cook a meringue! When combined with the coconut cream, grapes and blueberries these mini pavlovas are the perfect mouthful of sweet deliciousness.
If you are looking for some more healthy dessert inspiration then this Healthier sugar free cheesecake or The best ever sugar free scone recipe or Sugar free chocolate brownie recipe are the recipes for you.
I would love to see photographs of your pavlovas! Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Best paleo mini pavlovas in the world
3 jumbo egg whites
2 Tbsp stevia granules (I used a stevia-erythritol blend)
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp lemon juice
½ cup coconut cream
10 red grapes cut in half
- Place the egg whites into a clean bowl and begin whisking them with an electric hand beater
- When you see the meringue starting to go white and forming ribbons in the mixture (this is the stage before you can turn the bowl over your head) you can start adding the stevia granules
- Once the stevia has been add you can then add the vanilla extract and the lemon juice and continue beating the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed
- Next, line a baking tray with baking paper and place big dollops onto the baking paper
- The meringue makes six mini pavlovas
- Place the pavlovas into an oven that has been preheated to 120⁰C
- As soon as you place the meringues into the oven turn the heat down to 100⁰C
- Leave the meringues in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes
- When the cooking time is over turn the oven off and open the door slightly and leave the meringues in the oven to crisp up and cool down
- When the meringues have cooled down place 1 ½ – 2 Tbsp coconut cream on each mini pavlova
- Decorate each pavlova with blueberries and grapes and serve immediately