20 Feb Beer marinated roast chicken
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to this week’s beer marinated roast chicken on the barbecue
If you are looking for the juiciest and most moist chicken that you have ever eaten then this is the recipe for you. The meat of this chicken surpassed my expectations in terms of flavour. It was truly one of the nicest chicken dishes that I have ever eaten! This recipe is the perfect example of a meal that is healthy and packed with flavour too. I’m so proud of this recipe because it really dispels the myth that healthy food is boring and tasteless.
The addition of the beer to this recipe just gives the chicken that extra bit of oomph! Added to this is the gorgeous smoky flavour of the barbecue. The combinations of flavours in this beer marinated roast chicken recipe are pure heaven. I can’t wait to hear your feedback and to see photos of your cooked chickens.
If you need some other new chicken recipes to add to your repertoire then have a look at this quick and easy paleo pesto chicken or The best ever sweet and tangy chicken to give you some more chicken inspiration. For a recipe that isn’t mine but is absolutely delicious try out this https://pinchofyum.com/lemon-chicken/comment-page-2 from Lindsay at Pinch of Yum. Her recipes are phenomenal!
Until next time, Leanne xoxo
Out of this world beer marinated roast chicken on the barbecue
1 whole chicken
1 can beer (you can choose any beer that you enjoy)
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp chicken spice blend
2 Tbsp BBQ spice blend
- Marinate the chicken in the beer for a few hours before cooking
- Just before you are ready to cook remove the chicken from the beer and drizzle with the oil
- Season the chicken well with the chicken spice as well as the BBQ spice
- Preheat your barbecue to 150⁰C.
- Place the chicken onto the barbecue, close the lid and cook for 30 minutes
- Turn the chicken over and cook for a further 30 minutes with the lid closed
- Repeat this process again for 30 minutes to cook the original side of the chicken again (this process helps to give you a moist and juicy chicken at the end of the cooking so don’t skip these steps)
- Finally, turn the bird over and cook it for 10 minutes to finish off the cooking process
NOTE:- I did two chickens at once when I did this recipe and froze the second to use for another meal. It was a great time saver!