08 Jul BBQ chicken with lentils
Welcome back to Sandtondiet and to today’s BBQ chicken and lentil recipe.
People often ask me to give them new chicken recipes and so I am often trying to come up with new and delicious chicken recipes. This week’s BBQ chicken and lentil recipe is just scrumptious. I use this BBQ sauce often because it is really versatile. You can use this BBQ sauce on meat or chicken and it never flops! I have to say that when I can’t think of what to make for supper I will often revert to this recipe.
This BBQ chicken is a real family favourite and when we were allowed to socialize, it’s often my go-to recipe because I know everyone loves it. I don’t usually add lentils to the dish though. I have quite a variety of taste preferences in my house. Some like more vegetarian food and some are real South Africans and love their meat. So when I get a chance to combine the two, I jump at it.
This BBQ chicken and lentil recipe is really quick and easy to put together. The sauce is really easy to make because it only has three ingredients. I started off by combining the chicken and sauce and cooking it for 1 1/2 hours. I then take the lid off, add the lentils and cook for another 40 minutes. And presto dinner is served. I made rice to go with this dish and it was superb.
If you would like more chicken recipes I have loads of recipes for you! This quick and easy paleo pesto chicken got rave reviews and is well worth trying! I also absolute love this shredded chicken tacos and this chicken fried rice recipe. They are both such a fun recipes to make and are super fun to eat. If you are looking for other recipe resources one of my favourite go-to site is https://www.taste.com.au. They have a huge range of recipes and you are always likely to find something good to make on there.
I hope that you enjoy this BBQ chicken and lentil recipe as much as we did. I look forward to seeing photos of your BBQ chicken recipes and can’t wait to hear your feedback! Until next time, Leanne xoxo
BBQ chicken and lentils
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup thick soya sauce
1/2 cup chutney
1 1/2 cup water
1 x braai pack chicken
1 cup of water
1 cup lentils
- Place the chicken into an ovenproof dish that has a lid
- Mix all the BBQ sauce ingredients together and pour over the chicken
- Place the chicken into an oven that has been pre-heated to 180°C and cook for 1 1/2 hours with the lid on
- After 1 1/2 hours remove the chicken from oven, take the lid off the dish, add the extra cup of water and add the lentils under the chicken at the bottom of the dish
- Place the dish back into the oven and bake for another 40 minutes
- If the chicken is getting too dark on the one side then turn over during the cooking